Our commitment and approach to maintaining an accessible website
Swanscombe and Greenhithe Town Council is committed to:
- maintaining an accessible website. We periodically audit and update our website to ensure that it is accessible.
- ensuring that this website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, to comply with the National Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies. (The National Disability Authority’s Centre for Excellence in Universal Design has an introduction to policy and legislation relevant to Universal Design in Ireland.)
- ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- including accessibility when we procure3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems.
This website’s conformance with official accessibility guidelines
The website currently has AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. Our most recent web accessibility audit for this website was on 25th September 2019.
Areas for improvement and time-lines
We are striving to make our website accessible to all of our visitors and as such we have a fast-track implementation process in place for occasions when accessibility changes are required.
Accessibility features of this website
- Compatibility with screen readers
- High contrast colours for textual content
- Descriptive text for all images
- Content organised into headings, sub-headings and paragraphs
How to send feedback on this website’s accessibility
We are always striving to make the council website accessible for all of our visitors and as such, we welcome any suggestions or feedback regarding its accessibility.
If you would like to provide us with your thoughts and/or feedback please do so using one of the methods listed below:
- Fill out our online contact form.
- Fax us on 01322 385849.
- Phone us on 01322 385513.
- Write to us at Council Offices, The Grove, Swanscombe, Kent, DA10 0GA.